Sunday 25 October 2015

What's up in Bratislava, Slovakia ?

I asked the taxi, how much to get to Hrad Devin..  He said €25!! So forget it..
Found a Malaysian guy at the train stn,  Firdaus who was also travelling alone during his free weekend (currently in the middle of one month training in Slovakia). He booked a backpackers hostel in town costing €13... Interesting!
Found also a group of four Malaysians walking to the train station but they wouldn't stop when I greeted them. It's ok.
DOWTOWN BACKPACKERS HOSTEL
So I followed Firdaus to his backpackers hostel..  And vwallah.. Not too bad for a €14 per night. It's a sharing dorm but the reception she put me in with a girl,.. In separate dorm. Awesome!!
~~~~~
After solat... We were ready to explore the city. I proposed to go to Hrad Devin first.. The reception girl advise us to go by bus,.. Only cost €0.9, valid for 90 minutes in weekend. For weekdays is 60 minutes.
Bus took 20 minutes to reach the Devin castle (~15).. from Nova SND bus stn nearby the hotel. Bus is available every hour. We took bus #28 and stop at Devin (or Monova). It's easy to get the tickets, just to make sure you carry enough Euro coins.
End of Day 1
~~~~~
Day 2
Today I rented a bike from the hostel.. €10 per day... Better and faster coverage, and it's safe. By noon I've covered most of the attractions.
Found the حلال kuskus restaurant in town where I had my lunch there for €4.90
Head back to hotel to checkout and return the bicycle.
That's the end of Bratislava journey. I'm heading back to the train station now to catch the hourly train to Vienna.
I hope I can be back in Budapest before sunset. I hope...
InsyaAllah

No comments:

Post a Comment