Saturday 16 February 2013

A bit of Holland

My Holland trip is quite short so besides the excursions, I've listed and collected few information should there'll be a NEXT trip.. Things to do and/or visit when in Amsterdam, Holland or I call it ..

MY HOLLAND FAVOURITE

Holland favourites;
 
Things to do/excursions:
  1. -City tour - just take a hop-on hop-off bus
  2. -Countryside tour
  3. -Tulips field - In July or September, I think
  4. -Efteling theme park (suggested by dear friend, Marise)
  5. -Ice Hotel
  6. -Madurodam Miniature City
  7. -Belgium 2 days trip

There's a nice hotel just outside Amsterdam central - DELTA AMSTERDAM,. it's located at the Damrak street. Single room start from €65/day. Other budget hotels need u to go upstairs, good for backpacker, without children! but for me this one is suitable,. it looks nice and have elevator.. I've learned my mistake when I've booked a hotel in New York City, without elevator - having to bring my 40kg bag (2 weeks in minnesota and Canada in the previous week) up the stairs - level 3!!

yikess!! no way - no more!!

OK now we go back to excursions,.. if your time is limited and you want a peace-of-mind trip, just take the tour. I can recommendTOURS & TICKETS at http://www.tours-tickets.com/ or LINDBERGH TOUR at http://www.lindbergh.nl/ They have plenty of trips and excursions for choose.. you can book earlier online the the price are fixed. What happen to me was, I didn't know about this company, so, I just had a walk along the Damrak street and the moment I reached their office, the trip was sold out. So, 1 day wasted and I hv to think of something else to do..

For country side tour they only have 2 sessions - morning 9am and afternoon 230pm. If u stay in the city then it's OK but for me, I need to catch 2 more trains all the way to Den Haag  (The Hague), which is 2 hours from the Amsterdam Central. So book early. You can check the price from the website, it's the same compared to buying at their office.

Modurodam - the miniature city

If u r from Amsterdam central, can take the tram no 9 from Den Haag HS or Den Haag Centraal. Train Den Haag HS-Amsterdam Central is €21.30 (return)

But for me, since I live with a friend in Den Haag, it's closer and I just took a tram.

Modurodam is abt 25 mins from Zatil's apartment, which is in Gevers Deynootoplein. From her place, just take a tram (No. 9), only 4 or 5 stations away. Entrance fee is €14.50 for adult. Children €10.50. This place is very good for children.. And adult too!
 

Madurodam - the miniature city
I will continue later on the Lindbergh trips - which I took 2.. Countryside tour and City tour..
  

No comments:

Post a Comment