Friday 20 December 2013

Hyderabad (Pt 4)

1. Salar Jung Museum
Well.. museums are museums.. showing all those things from the past. But I'm not really a museum person. He he
Guess what I've discovered? The museum shop!!!.. they sell real fresh water pearls.. and the price is 3 or 4 times lesser than the pearl shop that we went last night near charminar. So I bought a set of pearl necklace with earrings with price 3 times lower than my bracelet... grrr***
They also have a huge range of sarees. Cottons and silk. The price is again soo cheap compared to the wholesale saree shop that we went 2 days ago. And guess what.. I bought 5!  :p
Other things they have with very good price are keychains... pashminas.. Nizam diamond replicas and metal items like dagger etc.
2. Chowmahalla Palace
A really nice palace I must say. Details later :)
3. Golconda Fort
(Built in 1518, completed in1580)
Gol=sheep
Conda=hill
Guide fee:
1h30m full tour - Rs750
1h gnd tour - Rs600
14th century gate
Designed by persian king,  Qutub Shahib
Highest point of the fort.. 500ft asl, which was the kings meeting room.
We did not somehow stay for the light show which commenced at 6.30pm to 7.30pm daily
** Buy silk scarf (again)
Only "scarf shop" have the silk scarf that we like. We tried other shop but couldn't get the same quality/type and the price was rather expensive.
Today the Khans (shop owner) showed us their highest range of fabric.. Ashtous and Pashtous.. made from the best wool in the world from Kashmir. It took 9 month to 1 year to complete 1 scarf. And the price are from Rs20,000!
Btw, 3 terms I learned today in fabric making - handloom, handmade and machine.
** Collect suit at tailor
Wow!!! I love the suit. The pants and the blouse that I've ordered. Long blouse cost me only RM35 to RM45 max.. depending on the material. Because I love it so much I've ordered 2 more blouses and they can do it in 1 day. I paid in full and they will deliver it to the hotel by tomorrow. Yeay!!
According to the guide, we can also visit Falaknuma Palace. Previously a palace, now converted into 7 star hotel. Very nice place he said...
I saw also " Shankaran vizag" on a billboard. Will google more on this.
Well that ends for today.. later

No comments:

Post a Comment