Thursday 18 July 2019

Day 3 || Leh recharge

Himalaya offroad biking

The itenary

NIL - just recharge and get acclamatize!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, there was a change of plan for today. According to the original plan, we were supposed to continue our journey to Nubra Valley today. However unfortunately (or fortunately) some of us were struggling to cope with the high altitude (~3,600m asl). Some our the bikes also needs repair.

So the organiser decided to put a pause and allow everyone to acclimatize our body to this new altitude and temperature (it was 8°C at night, in peak summer!!)

So we had a good rest, wash our laundry (it's super fast dry due to the very low humidity) and of course had a nice coffee at the little Leh town.

Better have a good rest tonight as another big day is coming tomorrow.

Allhummayassir wala tuassir

Note: food I love.. MOMOS

Momos : The karipap-like appetiser, steamed. Contains minced mutton, cheese, onion

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The highlights

I, myself suffered from mild AMS even after taking pills and precautions.

During the first night, we woke up at 3.30am for subuh prayer. I can feel my heart rate was super fast and I was breathing much faster than normal. I couldn't sleep. I just then lay down and try to rest as much as I can.

Later the next incident.. It happened the next morning when I went up to the 3rd floor to hang our clothes for drying. Then my heart rate increased rapidly. I then noticed that even during resting period my heart rate never go below 120.

So, coming down from the roof top, I almost tripped on a wire lying on floor. Felt almost black and difficulty in breathing. Went back to the room slowly and lying on the bed. I tried to sleep and woke up almost an hour later. Alhamdulillah I was all recharged and good to go.

The second night here, I slept like a baby!!

(except for the super cold summer, 8°C and no water heater element that we were surviving...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment